8 trips out for you and your loved one
For over 40 years, we’ve been welcoming residents into our family-run care home. It’s a place where residents and staff alike feel cared for, comfortable and at home. We pride ourselves on providing a nurturing environment that caters to people over age 65, including those with dementia or specialist care needs.
Family and friends are, of course, welcome to visit and enjoy our beautifully landscaped gardens, join our residents for dinner or hang out in the common areas. But visiting your relative at Rowallan House doesn’t have to mean staying inside with a cup of tea. There are so many wonderful elderly-friendly activities happening around East London that we’re sure you’ll love.
Read on to learn more about residential care in Chadwell Heath, Romford and the fun you can have around East London.
Exploring what London has to enjoy
While we have a dedicated events and activities coordinator who is always running games, hosting events and activities, or arranging nearby outings or day trips, we understand that you may be interested in exploring more of the world around you. And London certainly is an exciting place to explore! Here are some things to do around this great city:
- Take a London bus tour – A London bus tour is an accessible way to view some of the city’s most famous attractions, all from the comfort of a red double-decker. Not only will you get to travel around the city, but you’ll also learn a lot about it thanks to the narration of the tour guide.
- Visit the London zoo – Located in St. Regent’s park, exploring the zoo is a fantastic way to spend a sunny afternoon. Home to more than 755 species of different animals, it’s a great way to feel like you’ve travelled to an exotic land right in your backyard. Wheelchairs are available to hire with a refundable £25 deposit.
- Catch a show at the West End – Do you love singing, dancing, acting and all things theatrical? Then why not catch a matinee at the West End? With a variety of shows playing, you’re sure to find a ticket that tickles your fancy.
- Explore the British Museum – Spend the day exploring the British Museum. It’s an excellent way to combine history, art and culture. Best of all, it has free entry!
- Gain perspective on the London Eye – This 30-minute experience is a beloved tourist attraction for a good reason. Offering a unique perspective of the city, you can have fun identifying some of London’s most iconic landmarks such as Big Ben and Buckingham Palace.
- Enjoy a meal at The Shard – Another way to take in London’s spectacular view is by taking a trip up to The Shard. Be sure to book a table in advance to enjoy a meal at the restaurant at the top.
- Visit an old pub – Fancy a pint? London is full of cosy old pubs, some of which date back to the 1700s. Cheers!
- Indulge in afternoon tea – Escape the city’s hustle and bustle with a spot of afternoon tea and a tasty scone.
Get in touch
If you or a loved one are interested in making Rowallan House your ‘home away from home’, please feel free to get in touch or call us on either 0800 999 8499 or 0208 597 4175. One of your compassionate staff members would be pleased to answer any of your questions or provide more information.